Corn Bread Muffins (recipe from Chef John Folse’s Sweet and Airy Corn Bread— makes 12 pieces)
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 ear corn kennels
1 1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp unsalted butter– melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a big bowl. Stir in corn kennels to mix well.
- Add eggs to the milk, whisk to blend well.
- Pour egg mixture and melted butter to the flour mixture. Gently fold until the batter is just moist and no lump(the batter will look runny). Do not over mix the batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans. Bake at preheated oven for 15-18 muffins. Transfer to cool on rack.