When the berries are no longer appealing and sitting in the fridge too long, then it’s a good time to make these muffins. I use blueberries and raspberries here, but you can also use strawberries and/or blackberries.
Mixed Berries Muffins (makes 12 pieces)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter– melted and cooled
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and raspberries combined
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffins pans with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a big bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add eggs to the milk and whisk to blend well.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture, then pour in egg mixture and melted butter. Use a spatula to fold the mixture gently until just combined. Then fold in berries.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans. Bake at preheated oven for 25 minutes. Transfer to cool on a rack.