Never did I think about adding ground almond to muffins, but it’s a good alternative. I can really taste the almond in these muffins, and of course, the strawberries smell and taste heavenly too!
Strawberry Almond Muffins (makes 12 pieces)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup ground almond or almond meal– lightly toasted in a dry pan, cooled
2/3 cup milk
6 tbsp unsalted butter– melted and cooled
1 cups fresh strawberries– chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a big bowl. Stir in ground almond.
- Add eggs to the milk, beat to blend well.
- Pour egg mixture and melted butter to the flour mixture. Use as spatula, gently fold the mixture until the batter is just moist. Fold in strawberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans. Bake at preheated oven for 25 minutes. Transfer to cool on a rack.