I love chiffon cake and this is one of my favorite. The kitchen smells so good when the cake is baking in the oven. Give this recipe a try and I promise you’ll fall in love with it…
Banana Chiffon Cake Recipe
Ingredients (egg yolk mixture):
4 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
2 large ripe bananas
2 tbsp water
4 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients (egg white mixture):
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
4 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven 335°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Blend bananas with water in blender until smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add in banana puree, oil, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift in flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar and beat for a little while. Gradually add in sugar and beat on high speed till peaks form (reduce to med speed later to avoid big air bubbles).
- FOLD IN 1/3 of egg white into egg yolk mixture gently with a spatula until just blended. FOLD IN remaining 2/3 of egg white into the egg yolk mixture. Take care not to over blended.
- Pour the batter into a chiffon cake pan. Lightly drop the pan on hard surface 1-2 times to release air bubbles and bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven door while it’s baking or the cake won’t rise.
- Invert the cake IMMEDIATELY after baking to let cool. Remove the cake from the pan when it is completely cool.