Geez… I think I’m in a muffin land lately can you tell?! It all started with a day with zero breakfast food for the family, so I decided to make rum and raisin muffins AND blueberry muffins on the same day– and this just happened few days ago. And now I’m making rum raisin muffins again (perfecting recipe) and strawberry muffins!
There are several ways to make muffins, but I like this method that I’m using– which uses melted butter and the folding technique (vs. other method that calls for creaming butter and beating eggs and mix in flour). I find this method works pretty fast, and makes fluffier muffins.
Strawberry Muffins (makes 12 pieces)
2 cups flour
10 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter– melted
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 eggs– room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin molds with muffin cup liners.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine whipping, eggs, vanilla extract. Whisk to blend well.
- Add cream mixture and melted butter to flour mixture. Gently FOLD the batter with a spatula. FOLD in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin molds. Bake at preheated 400F oven for 20-22 minutes, until muffin tops springs back when gently pressed.
- Remove muffins from molds immediately. Transfer to cooling rack. Let muffins cool slightly before serving. Best if served warm.
- Other berries (raspberry, blueberry) can also be used for this recipe.